A coach that does not burn, can´t ignite or heat up!!!
Ondřej Smrž – Coach, specialist in skating and hockey skills.
Training connected with educational influence is the ideal environment for the formation of emotional and mental habits associated with life goals. Training, in which the objective is “victory” and is prefered to character formation and education, comes at the expense of performance development.
Player personality is formed from the first steps on the ice. An important role is the family and the coach. An essential tool in teaching children is to play and have fun. Most coaches / hockey schools / academies and parents forget that the hard work is inseparable from the experience of rivalry, that is present during training in Shockey, because I do not concentrate on a large number of players on the ice, but a smaller number, where each player has his “competitor” and I am able to fully focus on them 100%.
Few things about me:
My hockey beginnings were in Světlá nad Sázavou, where I first stood on skates when I was four years old. I attended sixth grade of elementary school in Havlickuv Brod, where I also went through all the youth categories, my goal was to play in the highest league and make a living playing hockey, like any other young boy who does not know what is all needed to achieve this goal.
My maximum was junior extraleague in Havlíčkův Brod, where I joined the men. But here I didn´t get a chance to play. I ended my hockey career in HC Hvězda Praha, that played the second division league (west group).
In 2000 – 2002, I realized that my I do not make a living playing hockey and its rather holding me back. I decided to try out various jobs, I even traveled to Australia to study the English language, which is nowadays indispensable and also to get to know people of a different mentality, a different environment, etc ..
In 2007 I returned to the Czech Republic, I worked in Prague for one unnamed travel agency and on one occasion I incidentally met with a client from Canada who was a big fan of hockey. A friendship formed between us. In my spare time I invited him to a hockey game on Sparta Praha and even on Slavia Praha. Our friendship continued to work even after his return back to North America. After a week he let me know that he was coming back to the Czech Republic, would like to see me and invited me to the Junior World Championship, hosted by the cities of Liberec and Pardubice. After a while I got a job offer to work for him in Vancouver in his own company. At that moment the idea of hockey was born again in my head. The beginnings in Canada were difficult, after becoming independent I bought an apartment and began my rounds at hockey clubs and academies.
I found employment in the Performance Hockey Center, I took care of players in dry preparation and skating belt (skatemill). Of course I enjoyed the work, but I wanted to get with the players on ice, so I moved on to the Two Way School. There I worked as a demonstrator of hockey skills and then as a skating specialist. Time passed and I went on to the RPM Hockey Company to work as an instructor and coach. After all the hard work comes a well-deserved reward – I received an offer to lead the team of Ravens Hockey Academy of the year 97 as a head coach.
Three years in Canada gave me enough experience, practice and knowledge of different backgrounds, so I decided to return to the Czech Republic where I wanted to use my experience and pass it on to the players. After returning to the Czech Republic I started working in a renowned hockey school at Lipolec by Dačice, I gained the B Czech coaching license and trained players at individual skills …
- Shockey – part of the club HC Pumy Pelhřimov 2018 – 2019, Czech Republic
- Skill teaching for HC Pumy Pelhřimov 2018, Czech Republic
- Summer Camp at Buly Aréna – Kravaře 2017, Czech Republic
- Europe Summer Camp, Náměštovo 2017, Slovakia
- Spring Camp in Košice 2017, Slovakia
- Skill Camp with Josef Marha Náchod 2017, Czech Republic
- Yearlong cooperation with young players from BK Havlíčkův Brod 2016 – 2017, Czech Republic
- Preparation of A – team 2. league BK Havlíčkův Brod 2016 – 2017, Czech Republic
- Spring Camp Bruck 2016, Austria
- Skill Camps with Stanislav Jasečk České Buďejovice 2016, Czech Republic
- Cooperation with VSK Technika Brno 2016, Czech Republic
- Summer Camp Budapest 2016, Hungary
- Christmas Camp Dunajuvaros 2015, Hungary
- Cooperation with HC Orli Znojmo 2015, Czech Republic
- Summer Camp in Buly Arena – Kravaře 2015, Czech Republic
- Promotion for HC Oceláři Třinec 2014, Czech Republic
- Promotion for HC Dynamo Pardubice 2014, Czech Republic
- Promotion for HC Motor Česke Budějovice 2014, Czech Republic
- Spring Team Camp for U12, U13 HC Steel in Košice – Crow Arena 2014, Slovakia
- Christmas Camp in Košice – Crow Arena 2013, Slovakia
- Summer Camp in Košice – Crow Arena 2013, Slovakia
- PHD Personal hockey development – Co-owner and head coach, specialist in skating and hockey skills 2012 – 2014, Czech Republic
- Specialist on skating and head coach – grades 5 – 7 of KLH Vajgar Jindřichův Hradec 2010 – 2011, Czech Republic
- Hockey Talent Academy – Specialist on skating and hockey skills 2010 – 2012, Czech Republic
- Head coach Ravens 97 – younger students category, Ravens Hockey Academy 2010, North Vancouver, Canada
- Hockey instructor / coach – RPM Hockey Company 2010 Vancouver, Canada
- Hockey instructor – Two Way Hockey school 2008-2010, Vancouver, Canada
- Instructor – Skate Mill and gym, Hockey Performance Centre, 2008-2009 North Vancouver, Canada
Among my clients are not only male players, but also women, representatives of the Czech Republic,
Slovak Republic, Canada and USA.
Michal Teplý (Bílí Tygři Liberec)
(Ondřej Smrž, Michal Teplý)
Matěj Toman ( Prince George Cougars WHL)
Šimon Kubíček ( Seattle Thunderbirds WHL)
Martin Hugo Haš ( Tappara Tampe Finland)
Jan Klodner ( SKLH Žďár nad Sázavou)
Ondřej Trjbal (HC Dynamo Pardubice)
Tomáš Vochozka (HC OCELÁŘI TŘINEC)
Vojnar Jakub (HC Sparta Praha)
Matěj Pekař (Univ. Nebraska-Omaha, NCAA)
Zack Malík (HC Ridera Vítkovice)
Michael Gaspar (HC Mountfield HK a.s)
Tomáš Havránek ( HC Kometa Brno)
Roman Dymáček (HC Kometa Group o. s.)
Robert Lis (HC Växjö Lakers)
Martin Kaut ( Colorado Avalanche NHL)
Martin Nečas ( Calorina Hurrikanes NHL)
Lukáš Doudera ( HC Verva Litvínov)
Adam Kalaj ( HC Ritíři Kladno)
Tomáš Havlín,Jan Ordoš (oba Bílí Tigři Liberec)
Radek Veselý (HC Piráti Chomutov)
A – team:
Lukáš Endál (HC Slavia Praha, HC Dynamo Pardubice)
Former representative Rachůnek brothers Ivan and Tomas.
Martina Exnerová (HC Rytíři Kladno)
Kristýna Pátková (HC Verva Litvínov)
A – team:
Neomi Neubaureová (Gunnery Connecticutu USA)
Martina Zedníková (KLH Vajgar Jindřichův Hradec)
Denisa Křížová (Northeastern Universite USA)
Lubomír Patlevic (HC Oceláři Třinec)
Juraj Rudy (HC Dynamo Pardubice)
Adam Liška (HK Ružinov)
Jakub Kover (HC Piráti Chomutov)
Domink Verbický (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec)
Samuel Rudy (HC Dynamo Pardubice)
Samuel Solenský (HC Bíli Tygři Liberec)
Marek Sloboda (HC Slovan Bratislava)
A – team:
Vladimír Dravecký (HC Oceláři Třinec)
Adam Jánošík (HC Piráti Chomutov)
SR – women:
David Musil (Oklahoma City Barons AHL)
Jonáš Ťoupal (South Shore Kings USPHL Premier)